Tratak Meditation, A Way to Peace
tratak meditation a way to peace – Nowadays we are facing many mental issues as we want to keep ourselves on top in the rat race. this new era has full of competition, technology, less time, high risk to life, etc. When this race ends we feel lonely in the world. nothing rest except being old. and especially we face mental illness. today I am going explain to you a few methods of great ancient Indian techniques which help you to be strong in life’s race. with high concentration levels. It helps you to achieve your goal more efficiently. there are many ways of concentration…but one effective and practical is TRATAK meditation. let’s know what is tratak
What is tratak Meditation?
Generally, tratak is ‘to stare at any object with some special purpose’ (to achieve something) this is what we get from that particular word. but tratak is more deepest than its definition. in a specific way, Tratak is a yogic practice that involves gazing at a particular object, usually a candle flame, to develop concentration and focus. The history of tratak dates back to ancient India, where it was used as a spiritual and meditative practice. The earliest references to tratak can be found in the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, a text written in the 15th century CE that outlines various yogic practices. Tratak is also mentioned in the Shiva Samhita, a text dating back to the 17th century CE.
Tratak was primarily used as a tool for spiritual development and was often taught as part of a broader yoga practice. It was believed that by practicing tratak, one could purify the mind and develop a deeper understanding of the self.
How perform it ?
Tratak is part of an ancient Indian concentration method. its increases concentration power with amazing positive self-changes. by practicing tratak you can become a mentalist, you can read faces and know what it is person’s mind. after a great practice, you can leave your all stress, illness, and anxiety easily. So how to perform tratak.
To perform tratak, you can follow these steps:
- Find a quiet and comfortable place where you won’t be disturbed. Sit in a comfortable cross-legged position with your spine straight and your eyes closed. if you are not comfortable with this position you can sit as you’ll feel free and better.
- get an A4 size blank white paper. draw a coin size circle in it. between the middle of the cirlce put a yellow dot and feel the rest circle with black color. not stick the paper at your eye level, about an arm’s length away from you. Make sure the candle is stable and won’t tip over.
- focus your gaze on the small yellow dot. Keep your eyes fixed on the yellow dot and try not to blink.
- As you gaze at the dot, try to maintain a steady and relaxed breath. If your mind starts to wander, gently bring your focus back to the yellow point.
- Practice tratak for a few minutes at a time and gradually increase the duration of your practice as you become more comfortable with it. may your eyes be irritated there. just close your eyes and start again. In the first week increase timing of the staring yellow point up to 15 min. Within thirty days increase it up to 30 to 45 min.
When you are ready to end your practice, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths before slowly opening your eyes.
What you will feel during tratak?
- some few days thousand of things will blow up my mind. but by practicing your mind will be empty. you will achieve neutral mind status. and when you will reach ‘neutral ‘status your subconscious mind will be active.
- after hard practice you’ll realize darken glow near to circle. it will appear automatically. that’s a successful sign of tratak.
- Your mind will empty, and you can control things while sitting in your home. you can transport you “”think”” to anyone. It’s important to note that tratak should be practiced with caution and under the guidance of a qualified yoga teacher, particularly if you have any eye problems or medical conditions that could be aggravated by staring at a bright object.
after successfully paying attention to the paper you have to practice on candle flame. the process is as same mentioned above.
What is the benefit of Tratak meditation?
Tratak is based on Hypnotism’s methodology. It helps you to increase your eye power. no one dares to direct eye contact with you.
- Improved concentration and focus: Tratak helps to improve your ability to concentrate and focus your attention. By training your mind to remain fixed on a single point, you can develop greater mental clarity and focus.
- Reduced stress and anxiety: Tratak can be a calming and relaxing practice that helps to reduce stress and anxiety. By focusing on the flame and tuning out other distractions, you can achieve a sense of inner peace and tranquility.
- Improved eyesight: Tratak is believed to help improve eyesight and reduce eye strain. The practice involves focusing on a small, bright object, which can help to exercise and strengthen the muscles of the eyes.
- Increased self-awareness: Tratak can be a powerful tool for self-reflection and self-awareness. By focusing on the flame/yellow point, you can become more attuned to your thoughts and emotions, and develop a deeper understanding of yourself.
- Spiritual development: In traditional yogic practice, Tratak was often used as a tool for spiritual development. The practice was believed to help purify the mind and develop greater insight and understanding of the self.
Overall, Tratak can be a simple yet powerful practice that can have a range of physical, mental, and spiritual benefits.