A girl who was shot contained in the U.S. Capitol through the violent pro-Trump protest has died.
That’s based on two officers accustomed to the matter who spoke to The Related Press on Wednesday on situation of anonymity as a result of they weren’t licensed to talk publicly.
The Metropolitan Police Division mentioned it was taking the lead on the taking pictures investigation. Police didn’t instantly present particulars concerning the circumstances of the taking pictures.
Dozens of supporters of President Donald Trump breached the safety perimeter and entered the Capitol as Congress was assembly, anticipated to vote and affirm Joe Biden’s presidential win. They had been seen preventing with officers each contained in the constructing and outdoors.
Hours later, police had declared the Capitol was secured.
Extra politics coverage from Fortune:
- The most important conspiracy theories of 2020 (and why they won’t die)
- Beneath Biden, expect more scrutiny of Big Tech and mergers
- Why a key Georgia county flipped from purple to blue—and what it means for Democrats
- Pfizer, Trump, and Biden: A twisted triangle that’s complicating COVID-19 relief
- Biden’s first 100 days: Student loan debt won’t go anywhere